Premium Liftmaster / Chamberlain garage door openers featuring a battery backup and/or Wi-Fi connectivity alert you by making a beeping sound. You will hear a beep to confirm when a step is performed successfully or you will hear a beep to diagnose an issue. The number of beeps heard will depend on the type of garage door opener and the function you are performing on the garage door opener.
Garage door opener with a battery backup
Beeping every 2 seconds
- This means the unit is operating under battery power. The battery LED will display solid orange.
- Ensure the power is restored throughout the house. If power is restored but the LED is still orange, then test the electrical outlet by plugging in a different device.
Beeping every 30 seconds
- If the battery LED is flashing orange it means the battery is low.
- Test the electrical outlet by plugging in a different device. If there is power and the LED does not change to a flashing green, then replace the battery.
- If the battery LED is solid red, then the battery is dead and cannot recharge.
NOTE: To temporarily stop the beeping while waiting on a new battery, unplug the unit and disconnect the battery. After disconnecting the battery, plug the unit back in and the beeping will stop. For more information on replacing the battery, see Chamberlain Battery Replacement Instructions.