Residential Garage Doors
Sales, Installation, and Service
4300 Arthur Road
Martinez, CA 94553
REGARDING SAVINGS PACKAGES 1&2 AND CUSTOM-DOORS TOO!!
THE U.S. government is offering financial incentives to homeowners to buy qualifying insulated garage doors.
Under the stimulus legislation signed by President Obama on Feb, 17, 2009, tax credits for energy-efficient home improvements have been extended and increased significantly. That means that adding a new garage door in 2009 or 2010 can save you money by helping to lower home energy consumption and costs, AND it will help pay for itself this year through the tax credit incentive.
Important details regarding the tax credit:
* The new tax credits are available for qualifying garage door purchases “placed in service” from Jan. 1, 2009, through Dec. 31, 2010. Garage door purchases made in 2008 are not eligible for the tax credit.
* The maximum tax credit that a taxpayer may claim from all qualifying improvements combined is 30 percent the cost of each product and $1500 over the lifetime of the tax credit periods (2009 and 2010).
HOW TO IDENTIFY AN ELIGIBLE GARAGE DOOR
To be eligible for the tax credit, the purchased garage door must meet all of the following criteria:
* The door must be an insulated residential garage door.
* It must be installed on an insulated garage.
* The door must have a U-factor equal to or less than 0.30, even if the door contains glazing.
* If the door contains windows (glazing), the door must offer a Solar Heat Gain Coefficient (SHGC) equal to or less than 0.30.
* The door perimeter must have a means to control air infiltration.
* The door must be expected to remain in service for at least five years.
* The garage must be part of the taxpayer’s principal U.S. residence.
* Dealers should provide homeowners with a Manufacturer’s Certification statement and a breakdown of the material and labor costs.
CALCULATING THE CREDIT
The homeowner’s tax credit is based on the total material cost of the purchase (the cost of installation does not qualify). The tax credit is equal to the sum of 30 percent of all qualified energy-saving improvements installed in an existing home in the calendar years of 2009 and 2010. The maximum credit is $1500.
For example, if a homeowner paid $2,500 in material costs for two qualified insulated garage doors, that individual would be eligible for a $750 tax credit. If the material costs were $1,000, the tax credit would be $300.
Refresh your East Bay home’s appearance with new carriage doors. Madden Door offers carriage garage doors at many styles and price points. Shop our wide selection of standard and custom carriage doors, including steel-stamped, painted wood, and stain-grade fir, cedar, redwood, and hemlock garage door designs. You can count on us for competitively priced, trustworthy carriage garage door design, installation, and repair services.
Add the nostalgic charm and three-dimensional detailing of carriage house garage doors to your East Bay home without missing out on modern conveniences like overhead operation and weather-resistant, energy-efficient construction. Many of our customers are surprised to find that carriage garage doors work well with a variety of home styles. Our garage door design experts can assist you in creating the perfect configuration to highlight your architecture with intricate crisscross planking, decorative windows, and oversize ornate handles.
Every one of our affordable carriage doors includes professional garage door installation. Our skilled garage door technicians will precisely fit your new carriage house garage doors to your one-car, two-car, or custom garage, ensuring weather and pest protection and safe, lasting use. After installation, we’ll show you how to operate your new garage door system, making sure you’re satisfied with the results.
Madden Door offers more than beautiful, high-quality garage doors and professional installation. You can count on us for all your garage door service and repair needs. We’re here to help you maximize your carriage garage door system’s lifespan. Our knowledgeable garage door contractors service all brands of garage doors and garage door opening systems, including retired brands.
Give your Antioch, Concord, El Cerrito, El Sobrante, Moraga, Pittsburg, Richmond, or San Pablo home a dramatic makeover with carriage doors in East Bay from Madden Door & Sons. Contact us at 925-208-4907 to schedule a garage door design consultation today.
California’s East Bay region includes the cities in Alameda and Contra Costa County. Though the region is dotted with plentiful parks and recreational areas, it is highly urbanized. Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) ensures ease of travel. East Bay is a major west coast transportation hub, housing the largest port in Northern California and countless big businesses, from Kaiser Permanente to Chevron, and prominent schools UC Berkeley and St. Mary’s. Madden Door is proud to serve East Bay area homeowners, providing trusted garage door services since 1976.