Considerations on Choosing an Aluminum Garage Door
Choosing a new metal garage door for your home? There are many considerations when choosing an aluminum garage door versus a steel one. There is no ‘right’ answer. However, considering your needs, the style of your house and of course, your budget can help you determine the best garage door option for your home.
Questions to Consider When Choosing Between Steel and Aluminum Doors
Because aluminum and steel garage doors share much in common, you may find it difficult to choose between the two. Asking yourself these questions can help you make the best decision.
- What is your budget?
- Aluminum garage doors are lightweight and typically less expensive than steel, making them a good choice if you want to update the look of your home at an affordable price.
- Steel garage doors are extremely strong and durable, making
them a popular choice. The longer lifespan of these doors comes with a higher
initial investment, however.
- How concerned are you about rust?
- Aluminum garage doors resist rust better than steel.
- Steel garage doors can be coated to prevent rusting.
- Will your door be under duress?
- Aluminum garage doors are dent-resistant, but they do not stand up to dents and dings, such as damage from storms, as well as steel.
- Steel garage doors resist dents better than aluminum doors. If you have a lot of trees overhead and frequent storms that may toss limbs and debris into your door, a steel door may be a better option.
Madden Offers and Installs a Wide Selection of Aluminum Garage Doors
Madden Door & Sons offers a variety of steel and aluminum garage door styles to help you add style and curb appeal to your home. Choose from standard and customized garage doors, available in a variety of styles and colors, including popular steel stamped carriage style garage doors, and a variety of window options to perfectly complement your home’s exterior.
Discuss considerations on choosing an aluminum garage door versus a steel door for your Fairfield, Lafayette, Richmond, or Hercules home. Contact the garage door experts at Madden Door & Sons at 925-208-4907 today.
aluminum garage door installation, aluminum garage doors, aluminum vs steel, aluminum vs wood