How to Prevent Thieves Using Your Garage Door to Enter Your Home
Garage Door Openers and Monitoring Systems for Enhanced Safety
Is your garage door secure? Be aware that this is a common entry point for burglars as many homeowners neglect proper safety measures. Our experts at Madden Door& Sons offer valuable tips on preventing thieves from entering your Bay Area home using your garage door.
5 Tips to Prevent Garage Door Break-Ins
A few years ago, www.nbcsandiego.com reported that four home burglaries, all in the same month, were tied to the garage door opener release latch. Break-ins of this nature have been on the rise. Take the right steps to ensure that your Bay Area home is not an easy target for thieves.
1. Treat the entry door between the garage and your home like the front door. This means you should never leave it open when unattended. Fortify it with a deadbolt just as you would do for the main entry door.
2. Burglar-proof your garage door. Choose a good quality standard or custom garage door. While solid wood and heavy-gauge steel are traditional favorites, aluminum and other modern garage door materials like fiberglass or glass and metal can also be fortified to provide enhanced protection. At Madden Door, we can help you select a material and design that meets your lifestyle and budget.
3. Invest in a good quality garage door opener and monitoring system. Unlocked and unsecured doors are an open invitation for burglars. While choosing an opener, make sure it is appropriate for your door size and weight. We have a full-range of openers and monitoring systems that can be conveniently controlled via an app on your smartphone.
4. Repair and maintain your garage door. Regular care of the door, the door frame and other parts will maintain the appearance, strength and life of your garage door. Examine the door for water damage, and corroded, warped and worn out parts. Inspect the hardware and locking mechanism to ensure they are working well. Hire trained technicians to perform timely repairs if your garage door malfunctions.
5. Other safety precautions:
- Make sure garage windows are not left open
- Never leave emergency keys in your garage
- Check that the door between your home and the garage is locked before you leave the house and before you go to bed at night.
- Do not leave door opener remotes in vehicles parked in the driveway
- Add a door-open alert to the home security system
- Lock your cars and remove any valuables (even when you park in the garage)
Boost Security and Curb Appeal with Beautiful, Strong Garage Doors
Enjoy Our Diamond Performance Guarantee
Visit our showroom to see a large selection of garage doors in the Bay Area. Our trained technicians will ensure proper sizing and fit to avoid common operational problems. We provide a Diamond Certified® Performance Guarantee on your new garage doors. Should a problem occur, we will efficiently diagnose and fix the issue.
For over 30 years, Madden Door & Sons has been the preferred garage door company of homeowners across the Bay Area, CA. You can count our quality products to secure your home and garage.
Call Madden Door & Sons at 925-357-9781 or inquire online about how to prevent thieves using your garage door to enter your home in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Carriage Doors in East Bay
Refresh your East Bay home’s appearance with new carriage doors. Madden Door offers carriage garage doors at many styles and price points. Shop our wide selection of standard and custom carriage doors, including steel-stamped, painted wood, and stain-grade fir, cedar, redwood, and hemlock garage door designs. You can count on us for competitively priced, trustworthy carriage garage door design, installation, and repair services.
Our Carriage Doors Offer Timeless Style with Modern Technology
Add the nostalgic charm and three-dimensional detailing of carriage house garage doors to your East Bay home without missing out on modern conveniences like overhead operation and weather-resistant, energy-efficient construction. Many of our customers are surprised to find that carriage garage doors work well with a variety of home styles. Our garage door design experts can assist you in creating the perfect configuration to highlight your architecture with intricate crisscross planking, decorative windows, and oversize ornate handles.
Professional Carriage House Door Installation Ensures a Seamless Fit
Every one of our affordable carriage doors includes professional garage door installation. Our skilled garage door technicians will precisely fit your new carriage house garage doors to your one-car, two-car, or custom garage, ensuring weather and pest protection and safe, lasting use. After installation, we’ll show you how to operate your new garage door system, making sure you’re satisfied with the results.
East Bay Garage Door Service and Repairs
Madden Door offers more than beautiful, high-quality garage doors and professional installation. You can count on us for all your garage door service and repair needs. We’re here to help you maximize your carriage garage door system’s lifespan. Our knowledgeable garage door contractors service all brands of garage doors and garage door opening systems, including retired brands.
Give your Antioch, Concord, El Cerrito, El Sobrante, Moraga, Pittsburg, Richmond, or San Pablo home a dramatic makeover with carriage doors in East Bay from Madden Door & Sons. Contact us at 925-208-4907 to schedule a garage door design consultation today.
East Bay, CA
California’s East Bay region includes the cities in Alameda and Contra Costa County. Though the region is dotted with plentiful parks and recreational areas, it is highly urbanized. Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) ensures ease of travel. East Bay is a major west coast transportation hub, housing the largest port in Northern California and countless big businesses, from Kaiser Permanente to Chevron, and prominent schools UC Berkeley and St. Mary’s. Madden Door is proud to serve East Bay area homeowners, providing trusted garage door services since 1976.