5 Important Garage Door Security Tips
Garage Door Monitoring Systems Available at Madden Door
Does your garage provide easy access into your home—even to intruders? Here are five important garage door security tips to reduce the risk of break-ins. In addition to investing in a garage door monitoring system, you can take these precautions to outsmart burglars.
- Install a wood shield or a plastic tie to prevent fishing: Thieves will try to use the emergency release system that disconnects your door from the opener to make their way in. Their modus operandi is to push the door inward creating a gap, and then they insert a wire hook to ‘fish’ for the release and open the door. Installing a shield (a simple wood cleat and scrap of plywood) on the arm of the opener can foil such attempts to break in through your garage. If you have a trolley with two holes,you can also loop a small plastic tie through them to lock the release.
- Invest in a garage door monitor: It’s not uncommon to forget to close the garage door; even the most careful homeowners will sometimes make this mistake. It is the opportunity that thieves are waiting for. With a garage door monitor, the sensor will alert you when the door is left open, so that you can close it. All you have to do is place the monitor where you can see and hear it clearly.
- Add bright lighting or motion detector lights around your garage: Bright lights are an effective deterrent for intruders. Motion detector lights are a smart, energy-saving option as they only light up when activity is detected.
- Don’t leave your garage opener remote in your car: In case your car gets broken into or stolen, at least the thieves will not find the opener and enter your home through the garage. A key chain remote makes the most sense as you can take it with you.
- Consider a remote monitoring system to open and close your garage door: With the latest systems installed by Madden Door & Sons, you can monitor, open and close your door from anywhere using an app on your smartphone. You will receive email and text alerts when your door is left open, so you can close it right away.
For close to 40 years, Madden Door & Sons has served the needs of homeowners in Brentwood, Pittsburg, Richmond, Fairfield, and across the San Francisco Bay Area. Customers rely on our affordable garage doors and monitoring systems to maintain attractive and safe homes. We can help you too!
Visit our showroom to see the best selection of garage doors in the Bay Area with garage door openers to match. We are sure to have something in store for you, or you can choose a custom garage door.
Consider our garage door security tips and monitoring systems for enhanced safety. Call us today at 925-357-9781 for a quote.
Monitoring Systems Top the List of Garage Door Security Tips
Our experienced staff will help you choose the right garage doors and monitoring systems. Already have an opener? The wide range of choices available at Madden Door makes it easy to find a compatible monitoring system. If you need a new opener,check out our garage door opener specials.With proper sizing and expert opener installation we can help prevent common issues and enhance the life of your garage door. If any problem arises, we will quickly diagnose and fix it.
Should you need to replace your garage door, our products offer style, performance and value. A unique Diamond Certified® Performance Guarantee is offered on all new installations, assuring you of product and workmanship quality. By following the garage door security tips mentioned above, you can keep your home safe from break-ins.
We serve homeowners in the San Francisco Bay Area and the communities of Brentwood, Pittsburg, Richmond and Fairfield, CA.
Call Madden Door & Sons at 925-357-9781 for more garage door security tips.
Carriage Doors in East Bay
Refresh your East Bay home’s appearance with new carriage doors. Madden Door offers carriage garage doors at many styles and price points. Shop our wide selection of standard and custom carriage doors, including steel-stamped, painted wood, and stain-grade fir, cedar, redwood, and hemlock garage door designs. You can count on us for competitively priced, trustworthy carriage garage door design, installation, and repair services.
Our Carriage Doors Offer Timeless Style with Modern Technology
Add the nostalgic charm and three-dimensional detailing of carriage house garage doors to your East Bay home without missing out on modern conveniences like overhead operation and weather-resistant, energy-efficient construction. Many of our customers are surprised to find that carriage garage doors work well with a variety of home styles. Our garage door design experts can assist you in creating the perfect configuration to highlight your architecture with intricate crisscross planking, decorative windows, and oversize ornate handles.
Professional Carriage House Door Installation Ensures a Seamless Fit
Every one of our affordable carriage doors includes professional garage door installation. Our skilled garage door technicians will precisely fit your new carriage house garage doors to your one-car, two-car, or custom garage, ensuring weather and pest protection and safe, lasting use. After installation, we’ll show you how to operate your new garage door system, making sure you’re satisfied with the results.
East Bay Garage Door Service and Repairs
Madden Door offers more than beautiful, high-quality garage doors and professional installation. You can count on us for all your garage door service and repair needs. We’re here to help you maximize your carriage garage door system’s lifespan. Our knowledgeable garage door contractors service all brands of garage doors and garage door opening systems, including retired brands.
Give your Antioch, Concord, El Cerrito, El Sobrante, Moraga, Pittsburg, Richmond, or San Pablo home a dramatic makeover with carriage doors in East Bay from Madden Door & Sons. Contact us at 925-208-4907 to schedule a garage door design consultation today.
East Bay, CA
California’s East Bay region includes the cities in Alameda and Contra Costa County. Though the region is dotted with plentiful parks and recreational areas, it is highly urbanized. Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) ensures ease of travel. East Bay is a major west coast transportation hub, housing the largest port in Northern California and countless big businesses, from Kaiser Permanente to Chevron, and prominent schools UC Berkeley and St. Mary’s. Madden Door is proud to serve East Bay area homeowners, providing trusted garage door services since 1976.