Know these 5 Key Components of An Insulated Garage Door
Choose Quality Doors with Skilled Installation Service
Click on any thumbnail custom garage door to view a larger version
It is important to know what the 5 key components of an insulated garage door are before you make a purchase. Being informed and asking the right questions will help you make the correct choice for your Bay Area home. In addition to lowering your energy bills and making your garage a more comfortable work or recreation area, insulation also reduces outside noise and enhances the strength of your garage door. The experts at Madden Door & Sons point out key features to look for in an insulated garage door.
- Material: Garage doors are available in a wide range of materials with varying insulating capabilities. Which one provides the best insulation—steel, fiberglass, aluminum, vinyl or wood garage doors? Traditionally, wood is considered to be a better insulator than most other materials. However, it is also possible to enhance the level of insulation of your glass and metal garage doors. Our custom garage door company offers a range of solutions to meet your unique needs.
- Type of insulation: Polystyrene (styrofoam) and polyurethane (spray foam) are commonly used insulation materials for garage doors. Although quite similar, they provide different levels of protection. Since polystyrene is inserted into the panels of garage doors, it is not always an exact fit and there is a possibility of air getting in. On the other hand, polyurethane foam expands when sprayed into the door. This allows for better surface bonding and enhances your door’s insulation against heat loss or gain as well as noise.The thicker the polyurethane foam, the better the insulation.
- R-Value: This helps you determine the level of resistance your garage door will provide to heat flow. A combination of the insulation properties of the door’s material and the type of insulation, a higher R-value is preferable.
- Fireproof: It is also important to make sure that the garage door insulation material is fireproof.
- Quality construction: The service life and durability of your garage door depends on both material and workmanship quality. Well-made garage doors can last for years.
Visit our huge showroom to see a wide selection of styles, materials and sizes. Our friendly showroom staff will be happy to explain the 5 key components of insulated garage doors and help you select the right one. We also have a selection of garage door openers and remotes to match your garage door model.
For quality insulated garage doors, call us today at 925-357-9781.
Expert Installation of Insulated Garage Doors
Diamond Certified Performance Guarantee on New Doors
Take advantage of our professional garage door installation service to prevent future operational issues with your door. The trained technicians at Madden Door & Sons ensure correct sizing and fit which eliminates many common problems. A unique Diamond Certified® Performance Guarantee assures you of our work and service quality.
Should a problem occur, one of our experienced garage door repair technicians will correctly diagnose the issue and provide you with a cost-effective solution.
For over 30 years, Madden Door & Sons has been the preferred choice of homeowners in the Bay Area including Pleasanton, Danville, Walnut Creek, Richmond, Vallejo and Brentwood, CA. You can rely on us for quality insulated garage doors and installation services.
Call Madden Door & Sons at 925-357-9781 to learn more about the 5 key components of an insulated garage door and inquire about our services in the San Francisco Bay Area.